- 8 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 pound)
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, green onions and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar and sugar until blended; drizzle over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels and bacon before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Crunchy Broccoli Salad
Sort By :
I love this salad!! Be sure to find FRESH sunflower seeds, though. So many stores keep nuts for a long time and sunflowers are notorious for turning rancid and have a bitter taste - even if the package has not "expired". I've found shelled, unsalted pistachios to have a better flavor in this salad. Love using the naturally sweet rice vinegar, fresh bacon bits and diced red onion!
I use a similar recipe but use cider vinegar and raisins as well as red onion instead of green. My favorite
This salad is AMAZING!! I use red wine vinegar insted of rice vinegar, mainly because that is the vinegar I always have on hand. The flavor is excellent and everyone seems to enjoy it.
I have made this salad many times. It taste just like the store bought ones. When I make it I put sliced red onions in it so my picky husband can take them out. He just has never like raw onions. I also use bacon bits instead of bacon strips. It saves time and cleanup. Thank you Jessica for sharing this wonderful recipe.
I took it to a bbq and it received many compliments. I followed the recipe exactly except I used a couple extra slices of bacon.