- 8 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 pound)
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, green onions and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar and sugar until blended; drizzle over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels and bacon before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Crunchy Broccoli Salad
"I was very leery of the raw broccoli and almost decided to steam it a little first, but I'm glad I didn't. I made this recipe as indicated and we really liked it. Even the kids cleaned their plates without complaint."
"I like a red onion in this and chopped walnuts instead of sunflower seeds..."
"Awesome! It’s one we use ofton."
"This is a yummy salad! It is often my go to salad for summer time- I also make it in winter as it is so good!"
"Great light broccoli salad compared to the heavy mayo ones out there. Very refreshing for summertime."