Crunchy Broccoli Salad
Growing up, I never liked broccoli, but I’m hooked on this salad’s light, sweet taste. It gives broccoli a whole new look.—Jessica Conrey, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 pound)
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, green onions and cranberries. In a
- small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar and sugar until blended; drizzle over
- broccoli and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with
- sunflower kernels and bacon. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 121 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.