Crunchy Broccoli Bake
Lima beans combine nicely with broccoli in this veggie casserole. Water chestnuts and a cereal topping add fun crunch.—Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place vegetables in a greased 2-qt. baking
- dish. Combine soup, sour cream, soup mix, water chestnuts and garlic
- powder. Spread over vegetables.
- Combine cereal and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 30-35
- minutes or until edges begin to brown. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 274 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 710 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein.