Crunchy Breakfast Cereal
While I was growing up, my mom would often make this delicious sweet cereal. I loved it so much, I remember requesting it for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
21 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 cups Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bow, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, coconut, pecans,
- wheat germ and cereal. In another bowl, mix oil, water, vanilla and
- salt. Pour over oat mixture; toss to coat. Pour into two greased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 275° for 1 hour,
- stirring every 10 minutes. Add raisins. Store in airtight container.
- Yield: 16 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 423 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 8 g protein.