Crunchy Breadsticks Recipe
These thin, crisp breadsticks created in our Test Kitchen add a bit of elegance to a holiday dinner. Each bite is perfectly seasoned with thyme and coarse salt.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup ice water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a food processor, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and shortening; cover and process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. While processing, gradually add water until dough forms a ball.
- Transfer to a floured surface. Roll dough into a 10-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Cut into 10-in. x 1/2-in. strips. Twist each strip four times and place on baking sheets. Brush with oil. Combine coarse salt and thyme; sprinkle over breadsticks.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16 breadsticks.
Originally published as Crunchy Breadsticks in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p23
Reviews for Crunchy Breadsticks(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review