I always use corkscrew noodles when preparing this, because the sauce seems to cling to them better than it does to flat noodles—ensuring plenty of good taste in every bite!—Janie Moore, Marion, Ohio
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the beef, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and green pepper is tender; drain.
- Drain pasta; add to the beef mixture with the tomatoes, soup, cheese and salt.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with onions and bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Beef Bake in Country Ground Beef 1993, p46
Reviews for Crunchy Beef Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review