I served this quite often when our kids were younger. The crunchy chow mein noodles are a nice contrast to the creamy casserole. Cream of celery soup can be used instead of the cream of mushroom.—Barbara Doren, Swanton, Ohio
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (16 ounces) medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the milk, soup, cheese, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss meat mixture and egg noodles until coated.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Beef N Noodles in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p246
Reviews for Crunchy Beef 'n' Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2009
"very bland dish easy to make but needed something else for the taste"
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2008
"Is there a recipe somewhere for this? This sounds like the Hot dish we serve at church for bazaar in the fall.Edit- ok, now I see the link, I made the mistake of posting before my first cup of coffee! lol, sorry!"