I served this quite often when our kids were younger. The crunchy chow mein noodles are a nice contrast to the creamy casserole. Cream of celery soup can be used instead of the cream of mushroom.—Barbara Doren, Swanton, Ohio
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (16 ounces) medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the milk, soup, cheese, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss meat mixture and egg noodles until coated.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Beef N Noodles in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p246
Reviews for Crunchy Beef 'n' Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review