Crunchy Banana Splits
For dessert, this is a hurried-up version of friend ice cream. Coated with buttery crushed cereal and nuts, they're a heavenly treat for drop-in company.Christine Panzarella, Buena Park, California
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 5 teaspoons butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons finely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 5 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 5 medium ripe bananas, quartered
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- Whipped topping and maraschino cherries
- In a bowl, combine the cornflakes, butter and pecans. Drop ice cream
- by 1/2 cupfuls into cornflake mixture and roll into a ball. Place
- two banana quartered in each dessert dish. Top with an ice cream
- ball, chocolate syrup, whipped topping and a cherry.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 331 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.