Crunchy Baked French Toast Recipe
What do you do when one child wants cereal and the other wants French toast? You combine them for a crunchy new breakfast treat, of course! —Anndrea Bailey, Huntington Beach, California
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal, crushed
- 12 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. In a shallow bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. Place crushed cereal in another shallow bowl. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture, then in cereal, patting to help cereal adhere.
- 2. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Yield: 6 servings.
2 slices equals 230 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 179 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC