Crunchy Baked French Toast
What do you do when one child wants cereal and the other wants French toast? You combine them for a crunchy new breakfast treat, of course! —Anndrea Bailey, Huntington Beach, California
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal, crushed
- 12 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a shallow bowl, whisk the first five
- ingredients until blended. Place crushed cereal in another shallow
- bowl. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture, then in cereal,
- patting to help cereal adhere.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden
- brown, turning once. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 slices equals 230 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 179 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.