What do you do when one child wants cereal and the other wants French toast? You combine them for a crunchy new breakfast treat, of course! —Anndrea Bailey, Huntington Beach, California
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal, crushed
- 12 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a shallow bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. Place crushed cereal in another shallow bowl. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture, then in cereal, patting to help cereal adhere.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Baked French Toast in Taste of Home September/October 2013, p2-8
Reviews for Crunchy Baked French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review