- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal, crushed
- 12 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a shallow bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. Place crushed cereal in another shallow bowl. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture, then in cereal, patting to help cereal adhere.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Crunchy Baked French Toast
Sort By :
"My 6 year old daughter told me this was awesome. :) I'll definitely make it again. Its sweeter than the usual French Toast, with a great crunch to it. I used mixture of Captain Crunch and Cinnamon Toast Crunch for the cereal and a cinnamon bread rather than French Bread. Otherwise I followed the recipe. The only change I would make is to either cook it at a lower temperature or for less time. Some of the slices were a little darker than I prefer. A repeat for sure!"
"This is delicious. The whole family loved it, i would definitely make it again!"
"My husband and kids love my french toast so I decided to try something different..they really weren't sure about this recipe. I tried it, they tasted it and unfortunately I wouldn't be making it again."
"I used Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal since I didn't have Cap'n Crunch. I loved how easy it was to make and the crunchy coating! Will try again with the Cap'n Crunch."