Crunchy Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, crushed
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine the onions, cheese, bread crumbs, paprika, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then roll in onion mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crunchy Baked Chicken(34)
Sort By :
This is truly FABULOUS! It is the absolute BEST crunchy baked chicken ever. It is perfect every time...mouth-wateringly tender and moist yet deliciously crunchy. As soon as I tried it for the 1st time it became and remains my favorite and is a recipe everyone asks for.
This is the best chicken recipe I have ever had! And my family loved it I will definitely make it again!
The onions in the breading really make this chicken shine! We loved it ... it's delicious.
This was so delicious...I only added some garlic powder with parsley and onion powder to the dry ingredients, only because I add that to practically everything I cook :) My family lost their minds when they ate this..it's a total keeper!
I baked the chicken on a sheet pan covered with foil for easier cleanup and used a rack to elevate the chicken and keep it crispier. I also used Crisco butter spray instead of butter. Great tasting chicken. Thank you for a great recipe.