Crunchy Baked Chicken
I’ve fixed this dish many times for company, and I’ve never had anyone fail to ask for the recipe. The leftovers—if there are any—are very good heated up in the microwave.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, crushed
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. In another shallow bowl,
- combine the onions, cheese, bread crumbs, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then roll in onion mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run
- clear. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 418 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 148 mg cholesterol, 423 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as