Crunchy Baked Apples Recipe
We live in South Carolina's Piedmont area, which is famous for huge apple orchards. This is one of my family's favorite apple recipes. I almost always make this to top off our traditional Sunday dinner.
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 4 medium baking apples
- 1 lemon, halved
- 4 short cinnamon sticks
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- In a blender or food processor, grind walnuts and sugar. Add cinnamon and set aside. Combine the brown sugar, raisins and 2 tablespoons of butter; set aside. Core apples and peel the top two-thirds of each. rub tops and sides with lemon; squeeze juice into centers. Brush apples with 2 tablespoons butter; press nut mixture evenly over peeled sides. Place in an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish. Fill apples with raisin mixture. Place a cinnamon stick in each apple; drizzle with remaining butter. Pour apple juice around apples. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Baked Apples in Country Extra November 1995, p51
Reviews for Crunchy Baked Apples(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review