Crunchy Bagel Chips
This savory snack from Robin Boynton of Harbor Beach, Michigan tastes just like store-bought bagel chips...and it's a great way to use up leftover bagels.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 2 unsliced bagels (about 4 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Refrigerate bagels for 1 hour. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place on an
- ungreased baking sheet. Combine butter and garlic salt; brush over
- bagel slices.
- Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on
- a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 9 chips equals 173 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 535 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.