This savory side dish made a special appearance at our Hawaiian dinner. But I've also been know to prepare it with different foods on other occasions.—Mary Gaylord, Balsam Lake, Wisconsin
Recommended: 32 Super-Refreshing Dinners to Make This Winter
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large saucepan, cook the asparagus and celery in 1/2 in. of water for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Stir in the water chestnuts, almonds, soy sauce and butter; heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Asparagus Medley in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p19
Reviews for Crunchy Asparagus Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2012
"I was skeptical because it is asparagus but this is a must keep recipe! I substituted Sunchokes for the chestnuts. Fabulous!"
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2011
"This was a big hit at a recent potluck."