Crunchy Asparagus Medley Recipe
This savory side dish made a special appearance at our Hawaiian dinner. But I've also been know to prepare it with different foods on other occasions.—Mary Gaylord, Balsam Lake, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the asparagus and celery in 1/2 in. of water for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Stir in the water chestnuts, almonds, soy sauce and butter; heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1/2 cup equals 70 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Crunchy Asparagus Medley
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC