Crunchy Asparagus Medley Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the asparagus and celery in 1/2 in. of water for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Stir in the water chestnuts, almonds, soy sauce and butter; heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1/2 cup: 70 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Crunchy Asparagus Medley
"I was skeptical because it is asparagus but this is a must keep recipe! I substituted Sunchokes for the chestnuts. Fabulous!"
"This was a big hit at a recent potluck."