Crunchy Asparagus Medley Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the asparagus and celery in 1/2 in. of water for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Stir in the water chestnuts, almonds, soy sauce and butter; heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1/2 cup: 70 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Crunchy Asparagus Medley
"I was skeptical because it is asparagus but this is a must keep recipe! I substituted Sunchokes for the chestnuts. Fabulous!"
"This was a big hit at a recent potluck."