This savory side dish made a special appearance at our Hawaiian dinner. But I've also been know to prepare it with different foods on other occasions.—Mary Gaylord, Balsam Lake, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large saucepan, cook the asparagus and celery in 1/2 in. of water for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Stir in the water chestnuts, almonds, soy sauce and butter; heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Asparagus Medley in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p19
Reviews for Crunchy Asparagus Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2012
"I was skeptical because it is asparagus but this is a must keep recipe! I substituted Sunchokes for the chestnuts. Fabulous!"
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2011
"This was a big hit at a recent potluck."