This tangy international twist in coleslaw makes a perfect accompaniment to simple grilled chicken or pork. Dressed with a light vinaigrette, this slaw keeps its crunchy texture covered and chilled up to 24 hours.
Featured In: Favorite Cabbage Recipes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups thinly sliced Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cu tinto thin strips
- 3/4 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 unpeeled firm large pear, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Sesame Seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl combine oil, juice, vinegar, sugar, ginger and salt; blend well. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, pepper, snow peas and pear. Add oil mixture; toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Sprinkle each serving with sesame seeds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Asian Slaw in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p46
Reviews for Crunchy Asian Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review