Crunchy Asian Coleslaw Recipe
This flavor-packed twist on traditional creamy coleslaw makes a perfect complement to the Thai shrimp. The light, tangy vinaigrette enhances the fresh flavors of the veggies.—Erin Chilcoat, Smithtown, New York
- 1 cup shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/2 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, water chestnuts, zucchini and green pepper. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 65 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
Reviews for Crunchy Asian Coleslaw
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC