- 1 cup shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/2 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, water chestnuts, zucchini and green pepper. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Crunchy Asian Coleslaw
Sort By :
"Not fan of heat in red pepper in this, so will just leave out OR add dried herb inbstead."
"Excellent with all foods, had with Thai and Good old American Hamburgers"
"I am usually not a big fan of coleslaw, but this one is not as sweet as so many of them are. Just the right amount of heat, absolutely delicious, no guilt savory slaw! Got raves from my asian food loving Daughter! Will keep this recipe handy."