I love this crunchy, citrusy salad. Once I even made my husband drive the hour to the nearest Applebee's restaurant just so I could eat it! That's when I decided to come up with my own version that's a great stand-in for the original. I'm happy and my husband is, too! Find more of my recipes at my blog, mandysrecipeboxblog.com. —Mandy Bird, Holbrook, Idaho
Recommended: 32 Super-Refreshing Dinners to Make This Winter
- 4 frozen breaded chicken tenders (about 8 ounces)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup crispy chow mein noodles
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook chicken tenders according to package directions. Meanwhile, whisk together mayonnaise, honey, vinegar, mustard and sesame oil.
- To serve, place romaine and coleslaw mixes in a large bowl; toss with dressing. Divide among four plates. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces; place over salads. Sprinkle with noodles and almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Asian Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2017
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crunchy Asian Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review