Crunchy Apple Salad Side Recipe
“With fiber-rich fruit, light dressing and crunchy walnuts, this is a great snack. Try it with low-fat granola.”—Kathy Armstrong, Post Falls, Idaho
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sugar-free vanilla yogurt
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 medium red apples, chopped
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, whipped topping and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Add apples and cranberries; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with walnuts and remaining cinnamon before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup equals 109 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC