Crunchy Almond Turkey Casserole Recipe
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 5 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 38 crackers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir in the turkey, rice, celery, water chestnuts and almonds.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over turkey mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Crunchy Almond Turkey Casserole(5)
Sort By :
We thought this was pretty tasteless. If you have leftover gravy and stuffing I suggest you use that in this dish. I liked all the crunch, though.
I added some garlic, too. This casserole has a nice crunch to it and tastes great!
Instead of just celery, you can add carrots, or a bag of frozen mixed veggies (thawed). Loved the crunch from the water chestnuts & almonds.
Great way to use leftover turkey, really transformed it into something special that the whole family enjoyed. I enjoyed that this had such great crunch - the nuts, water chestnuts, and celery provide a nice textural contrast to the turkey and rice. I followed the recipe as written except for using multi-grain crackers in the topping. Will definitely make again. My only suggestion would be that this is easily 10-12 servings, not 8.
Very tasty. My kids even went back for seconds. Leftovers tasted just as good the next day for lunch too. The only thing I would probably change next time is to leave out the water chestnuts since the almonds gave it plenty of delicious crunch. Definitely will make again.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Casseroles >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Rice Casserole Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Main Dishes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >
- Turkey Casserole >