Crunchy Almond Turkey Casserole Recipe
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 5 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 38 crackers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir in the turkey, rice, celery, water chestnuts and almonds.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over turkey mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 678 calories, 41 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 1,211 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Crunchy Almond Turkey Casserole
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer