Crunch Top Ham and Potato Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 487 calories, 31 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 1,008 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Crunch Top Ham and Potato Casserole
"Have been making this casserole for years. It always turns out great! Sometimes instead of putting the chopped ham in it, I leave it out and serve the potatoes along side ham slices."
"Thank you to Taste of Home Chef Karen Davis for recommending this casserole on her Facebook post. I was looking for a side dish for my Easter ham and this was a great suggestion! My family loved it; I doubled the recipe to make sure we had plenty. I made it without the ham since I was serving it alongside ham, but it's a great recipe to use up leftover ham for Easter, too."
"Had for supper last nite. Sure hit the spot on a cold & snowy night. Baked it in a 8x8" dish, halved the ingred. sort of. Had 1 1/4lb. of potatoes left in bag, so used them all, eyeballed the 1/2 can of soup (know i used more, because of potatoes). The only thing really diff., i thought too much topping so i cut that way back. Made 3/4 cup flakes (for the 1/2 recipe) to 2 tbsp butter, but that was way too much for the 8x8, only used about 1/2 of that, tossed the rest. Just perfect. Will definately be making this again. Served with green salad and buns. Would be great for potlucks."
"I just made this recipe using 2 cups ranch dip instead of plain sour cream. Very good!"
"This is great for leftover Easter ham. But, I also make it as a potato side dish (without the ham) and it is always a hit."
"It is great for family or get-togethers!! Loved the crunchy topping."
"This is a big hit at our house, it's the first thing they ask for at Any party or Potluck"