Crunch Top Ham and Potato Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 487 calories, 31g fat (19g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 1008mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein
Reviews for Crunch Top Ham and Potato Casserole
"Have been making this casserole for years. It always turns out great! Sometimes instead of putting the chopped ham in it, I leave it out and serve the potatoes along side ham slices."
"Thank you to Taste of Home Chef Karen Davis for recommending this casserole on her Facebook post. I was looking for a side dish for my Easter ham and this was a great suggestion! My family loved it; I doubled the recipe to make sure we had plenty. I made it without the ham since I was serving it alongside ham, but it's a great recipe to use up leftover ham for Easter, too."
"Had for supper last nite. Sure hit the spot on a cold & snowy night. Baked it in a 8x8" dish, halved the ingred. sort of. Had 1 1/4lb. of potatoes left in bag, so used them all, eyeballed the 1/2 can of soup (know i used more, because of potatoes). The only thing really diff., i thought too much topping so i cut that way back. Made 3/4 cup flakes (for the 1/2 recipe) to 2 tbsp butter, but that was way too much for the 8x8, only used about 1/2 of that, tossed the rest. Just perfect. Will definately be making this again. Served with green salad and buns. Would be great for potlucks."
"I just made this recipe using 2 cups ranch dip instead of plain sour cream. Very good!"
"This is great for leftover Easter ham. But, I also make it as a potato side dish (without the ham) and it is always a hit."
"It is great for family or get-togethers!! Loved the crunchy topping."
"This is a big hit at our house, it's the first thing they ask for at Any party or Potluck"