Crunch Swiss and Ham Appetizers
We farm 2,000 acres and raise a few thousand chicken, so I'm often too busy to cook much in the summer. These appetizers are quick and easy, though, and perfect for hot days when you want to eat light. During the winter, when we have more time to entertain, they're also a great hit with guests.More Winning Bread Recipes »
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups very stiff mashed potatoes
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3-1/2 cups cornflakes, crushed
- Combine all ingredients except cornflakes; chill. Shape into 1-in.
- balls and roll in cornflakes.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve while hot. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 52 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.