We farm 2,000 acres and raise a few thousand chicken, so I'm often too busy to cook much in the summer. These appetizers are quick and easy, though, and perfect for hot days when you want to eat light. During the winter, when we have more time to entertain, they're also a great hit with guests.
More Winning Bread Recipes »
- 2 cups very stiff mashed potatoes
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3-1/2 cups cornflakes, crushed
- Combine all ingredients except cornflakes; chill. Shape into 1-in. balls and roll in cornflakes.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Serve while hot. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Originally published as Crunch Swiss and Ham Appetizers in Country Woman September/October 1990, p33
Reviews for Crunch Swiss and Ham Appetizers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review