- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Arrange marshmallows evenly over cake; bake 2 minutes longer. Cool for 30 minutes.
- For topping, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter. Stir in cereal. Spread over marshmallow layer. Chill until firm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Crunch Bars in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p31
Reviews for Crunch Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review