Crumbleberry Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely ground almonds
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large pear, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; set aside. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in almonds and flour.
- 2. Spread into pastry shell. Arrange pear slices over filling. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 3. For topping, in a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and extract; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle blueberries over pears; sprinkle with crumb topping.
- 4. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Editor’s Note: If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw before adding to filling.
Reviews for Crumbleberry Pie
"I got rave reviews too. I have made it twice and I added more pears the last time. Makes it have a little more juice but we like it that way. I only made 2 changes both times, I added more blueberries thanks to another review and I added 1t of cinnamon to the topping. Great recipe."