—Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely ground almonds
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large pear, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; set aside. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in almonds and flour.
- Spread into pastry shell. Arrange pear slices over filling. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown.
- For topping, in a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and extract; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle blueberries over pears; sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Crumbleberry Pie in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Crumbleberry Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review