Crumb-Topped Spinach-Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
Golden brown crumbs add a pretty look to baked tomatoes. When your gang cuts into them, they will be delighted to find a savory spinach filling. They look special, but are very easy to make, and are always a hit a my house.—Debbie Andrew, Abingdon, Illinois
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell; invert onto paper towels to drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, sour cream, cheddar cheese, onions and salt. Spoon about 1/2 cup into each tomato.
- 3. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs; top each with 1/2 teaspoon butter.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 stuffed tomato: 221 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein .
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Spinach-Stuffed Tomatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC