Looking for a low-carb supper that’s ready in a pinch? Our Test Kitchen comes to your aid with buttery sole. The moist fillets are covered with golden bread crumbs and topped with a rich sauce.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sole fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Combine the mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons cheese, mustard seed and
- pepper; spread over tops of fillets. Place on a broiler pan coated
- with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onion, ground
- mustard and remaining cheese; stir in butter. Spoon over fillets;
- spritz topping with cooking spray. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until
- golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 267 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat,