- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sole fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Combine the mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons cheese, mustard seed and pepper; spread over tops of fillets. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onion, ground mustard and remaining cheese; stir in butter. Spoon over fillets; spritz topping with cooking spray. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crumb-Topped Sole in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Sole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2014
"Made this with cod and thought it was delicious. Easy to prepare."
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2010
"This had a terrible taste. I definitely would not make this one again."