Crumb-Topped Scallops Recipe
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 6 fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lemon wedges, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, butter and parsley; set aside. Place scallops and mushrooms in a 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Combine wine or broth, lemon juice and seasonings; pour over scallop mixture.
- 2. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 1-1/2 minutes; drain. Sprinkle with crumb mixture. Cover and microwave at 50% power 3-1/2 minutes longer or until scallops are opaque, stirring once. Serve with lemon if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 162 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Scallops
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.