Crumb-Topped Salmon Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside.
- 2. Pat salmon dry. Place, skin side down, in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spritz salmon with butter-flavored spray; cover with crumb mixture. Spritz crumbs with butter-flavored spray.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
One salmon fillet equals 371 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 525 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.