Crumb-Topped Rhubarb Recipe
Almost every home in our part of the country has a rhubarb patch, so we're always on the lookout for new rhubarb recipes. I've been making this particular recipe for a long time - I discovered it in a cookbook I received when my husband and I were married in 1950. It's one of my favorites.
- 3 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or rolled oats
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1. In a bowl, combine rhubarb, flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Spoon into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and oats. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over rhubarb mixture. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 230 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC