Crumb-Topped Rhubarb Crunch Recipe
For this treat, Minocqua, Wisconsin field editor Charlene Griffin features that perennial spring flavor, rhubarb.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 cups diced fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press half of the mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Set remaining crumb mixture aside for topping. Sprinkle rhubarb over crust; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch; gradually whisk in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Remove from the heat; whisk in vanilla. Pour over rhubarb. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until bubbly and lightly browned. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 444 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 82 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Rhubarb Crunch
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC