Crumb-Topped Raspberry Coffee Cake Recipe
"Raspberries are abundant at our summer home nearby Aziscohos Lake," shares Marian Cummings, West Paris, Maine. "So I developed this recipe to share the bounty with our guests. The pretty crumb-topped cake's fruity flavor really shines through."
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup of sugar and cornstarch. Add raspberries; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; allow to cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, eggs, oil and remaining sugar. Spread two-thirds of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with raspberry mixture. Spoon remaining batter over top.
- 3. For topping, combine pudding mix and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 320 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 421 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC