- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar and cornstarch. Add raspberries; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool.
- Meanwhile, combine biscuit mix, milk, eggs, oil and remaining sugar. Spread two-thirds of biscuit mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Top with raspberry mixture, followed by remaining biscuit mixture.
- For topping, combine pudding mix and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Raspberry Coffee Cake
"I've made this recipe dozens of times. Everybody loves it. Cut back a bit on the sugar or use a little extra fruit in the filling. Use a food processor to make the crumb topping and it will look like the picture."
"Overall I thought this was too dry. And the raspberry filling too sweet. I'd cut the sugar for sure. And the topping didn't look like the picture."