A crunchy golden topping contrasts nicely with the creamy mushroom mixture. Mushrooms lovers help themselves to generous servings of this comforting casserole. With only five ingredients, it couldn't be easier to prepare.—Clara Honeyager, North Prairie, Wisconsin
50-60 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) butter-flavored crackers, crushed, divided
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4-1/2 pounds fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups of cracker crumbs and butter; set
- Divide half of the mushrooms among three greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs; top with remaining
- Pour cream over all. Sprinkle with buttered crumbs and paprika. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 50-60 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 106 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.