Crumb-Topped Mushrooms Recipe
A crunchy golden topping contrasts nicely with the creamy mushroom mixture. Mushrooms lovers help themselves to generous servings of this comforting casserole. With only five ingredients, it couldn't be easier to prepare.—Clara Honeyager, North Prairie, Wisconsin
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) butter-flavored crackers, crushed, divided
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4-1/2 pounds fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 3 cups of cracker crumbs and butter; set aside.
- 2. Divide half of the mushrooms among three greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs; top with remaining mushrooms.
- 3. Pour cream over all. Sprinkle with buttered crumbs and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 50-60 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 106 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Mushrooms
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC