A crunchy golden topping contrasts nicely with the creamy mushroom mixture. Mushrooms lovers help themselves to generous servings of this comforting casserole. With only five ingredients, it couldn't be easier to prepare.—Clara Honeyager, North Prairie, Wisconsin
Featured In: 30 Ways to Cook Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) butter-flavored crackers, crushed, divided
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4-1/2 pounds fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups of cracker crumbs and butter; set aside.
- Divide half of the mushrooms among three greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs; top with remaining mushrooms.
- Pour cream over all. Sprinkle with buttered crumbs and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 50-60 servings.
Originally published as Crumb-Topped Mushrooms in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p54
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review