- 2 pounds haddock or cod fillets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of shrimp soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers (about 25 crackers)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Arrange fillets in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine soup, onion and Worcestershire sauce; pour over fish.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Bake 15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Haddock
"yum yum i used pollock instead and i used triscuit crackers, very good indeed"
"Have to agree on baking time. I use the 10 minutes per inch of thickness at 400 deg. formula and am always successful. Since I am single, I made the sauce and divided it up into 6 containers - 5 of which I froze for future use."
"Please don't bake the fish for the length of time this recipe states. Unless, you have a whole fish that hasn't been filleted, I can't think why someone would bake haddock or cod fillets for this long. I would suggest baking the fish with a little butter and lemon and make the sauce on the range while the fish is baking. It is better to under bake and over bake. Foods continue to cook once taken out of the oven. Use sauce as gravy and for the crispy garnish, offer crumbled croutons on the side. Delicious"