Crumb-Topped Cranberry Cake Recipe
This dessert has something for everyone—moist yellow cake, cream cheese filling and cranberry-coconut topping. Serve it at breakfast, lunch and dinner!—Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda; cut in 3 ounces cream cheese until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- 2. In another bowl, whisk 1 egg, milk and oil; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Spread batter into a greased and floured 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in vanilla and remaining egg; carefully spread over batter. Sprinkle with coconut. Dollop with cranberry sauce. In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over the top.
- 4. Bake 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 323 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC