- 2 pounds kosher salt
- 2 dozen fresh littleneck clams
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Lemon wedges
- Spread salt into an ovenproof metal serving platter or a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Shuck clams, leaving clams and juices in bottom shells. Arrange in prepared platter; divide juices among shells.
- In a small bowl, mix dry bread crumbs, chicken broth, parsley, oil, garlic, oregano and pepper; spoon over clams. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Broil 4-6 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until clams are firm and crumb mixture is crisp and golden brown. Serve immediately with lemon wedges. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Crumb-Topped Clams in Taste of Home Recipes Across America 2013, p63
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Clams(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >