- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the
- remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread cream between
- layers and over sides of cake, leaving the crumb top exposed.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 371 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.