Crumb-Topped Cauliflower Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and cauliflower to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook nuts and bread crumbs in butter for 1 minute. Add onions and parsley; cook and stir until onions are tender and nuts and crumbs are lightly browned. Stir in lemon juice. Drain cauliflower and transfer to a serving dish; top with crumb mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 309 calories, 27g fat (11g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Cauliflower
"The crumb topping is outstanding and so easy to make. I used ground almonds because that is all I had. Absolutely loved the lemon juice in the mixture. This recipe would be good on anything calling for a crumb topping, IMO!!"
"This recipe is easy and delicious. I cook the cauliflower in the microwave covered with plastic with slit in top for approx. 5 minutes. I have made this recipe numerous time and everyone just loves it."