Crumb-Topped Cauliflower Recipe
Here's a tasty way to liven up cooked cauliflower! "I got the recipe from my mother-in-law," relates Kathy Cochill of Ocqueoc, Michigan. "I serve it often because it is so easy to prepare and quite delicious."
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and cauliflower to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook nuts and bread crumbs in butter for 1 minute. Add onions and parsley; cook and stir until onions are tender and nuts and crumbs are lightly browned. Stir in lemon juice. Drain cauliflower and transfer to a serving dish; top with crumb mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 309 calories, 27 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC