Crumb-Topped Cauliflower Recipe
Here's a tasty way to liven up cooked cauliflower! "I got the recipe from my mother-in-law," relates Kathy Cochill of Ocqueoc, Michigan. "I serve it often because it is so easy to prepare and quite delicious."
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and cauliflower to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook nuts and bread crumbs in butter for 1 minute. Add onions and parsley; cook and stir until onions are tender and nuts and crumbs are lightly browned. Stir in lemon juice. Drain cauliflower and transfer to a serving dish; top with crumb mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crumb-Topped Cauliflower in Country Woman November/December 2002, p37
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Cauliflower(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2014
This recipe is easy and delicious. I cook the cauliflower in the microwave covered with plastic with slit in top for approx. 5 minutes. I have made this recipe numerous time and everyone just loves it.
More Recipe Collections
- Cauliflower Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >