Crumb-Topped Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Crumb-Topped Brussels Sprouts, sent by field editor Ruth Peterson of Jenison, Michigan, makes a flavorful side dish sure to dress up any meal.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh or frozen brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Trim the brussels sprouts and cut an X in the core of each. Place 1/2 inch water in a large saucepan; add the sprouts. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. Place in an ungreased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons butter. Combine bread crumbs, cheese and remaining butter; sprinkle over brussels sprouts.
- 3. Cover and bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 125 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Brussels Sprouts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC